What is it?
Investors in People is a national Standard and tool aimed at improving business practice. Businesses that meet the Standard will benefit from employees who know what is expected of them. Investors in People can help build a better business.
You may have seen the laurel leaf Investors in People plaque displayed in business literature, on websites and in many public places such as shops, schools, banks, health and voluntary sector organisations throughout the UK and across Europe. Reaching the Standard shows clients and employees that the company values its staff and indicates that as a result the performance of the business has improved.
Over 40,000 organisations have either gained, or are seeking to gain Investors in People recognition. Tens of thousands of small businesses will work towards the Standard in the next few years.
What benefits will I receive?
Your local Business Link will provide you with an adviser and a range of financial and non-financial support that will enable you to:
- commit to achieving the Standard
- assess the current practices of your business
- identify any changes you need to make
- decide how to put these changes into practice
Investors in People for small businesses focuses on the needs of SMEs and takes a markedly different approach to the Investors in People for large businesses. The Standard has the same quality and value and the benefits you will gain from achieving the Standard are just as great.
Investors in People for small businesses, has a proven, successful programme within it called 'Building a Better Business'. Your local Business Link will help you to implement this programme.
When do I use it?
When you need:
- a new way of ensuring survival and growth
- a proven business improvement tool, based around your people
- a quality Standard that is recognised nationally and internationally
- to be certain that the skills and motivations of all your employees will help the business to move forward
- to be sure that your people know what is expected of them and have the skills and attitude that drive the business forward